On Tuesday the 25th February 2020 the Memorandum of understanding with the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (CISI) was officially signed. The President of CMAZ Mr. Nicholas Kabaso expressed a lot of excitement at the signing ceremony stating “A new chapter had been opened that will see the association coming close to realizing its medium term outlook.” He stated that the initiative to partner with CISI was going to greatly contribute to enhancing the capital markets’ growth potential and assist in creating increased demand for investments in securities be it Government securities, Corporate debt or equity.
The MoU is set to contribute to the following;
- Promote continuous Professional Development opportunities for investment practitioners to ensure high investment standards are maintained.
- Support investment practitioners with on going learning platforms and promote integrity and professionalism within capital markets.
- Incorporate CISI membership as an additional value proposition for our market.
- Work on a joint action plan to build co-operation between the two associations.
- Host annual conferences, workshops and other capital market development events.